Deep Creek Privacy Statement
We are committed to our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) and the National Privacy Principles.
We respect the privacy of individuals and only collect personal information about individuals to enable us to undertake our normal activities (including conducting our events and activities, invitations to attend or participate, admissions, counseling, debtor and creditor transactions, sponsorship, promotions and volunteer administration).
Individuals have a right to access their personal information held by us. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about individuals is secure, accurate, complete and up to date. Individuals are invited to contact us to correct inaccurate information.
You are not obliged to give us your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide us with all or part of the personal information requested we may not be able to invite or permit you to attend or participate in our events or activities; provide you with or inform you about our events, activities, services; or where applicable, register you as a volunteer team member.
If you do not wish to continue receiving communications from us please contact the church office.
- The church is committed to its obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (as amended) and the National Privacy Principles.
- The church respects the privacy of individuals and will only collect personal information about individuals with their consent so as to enable us to undertake our normal activities.
- Individuals have a right to access their personal information held by us.
- The phone number and email of individual church members aged 18 and over will be made available to other church members unless privacy is requested.
- Further information about individuals will be appropriately safeguarded and only accessible to those deemed suitable by the Deep Creek Anglican Privacy Officer for the purpose of our normal activities.
- The church will not disclose recorded information about individuals to third parties unless it is used for the sole purpose of carrying out normal activities or is required by law.
- Personal information held by the church will, as far as practicable be accurate, complete and up to date and individuals should contact the church to correct inaccurate information.
- The Senior Minister is the Deep Creek Anglican Privacy Officer.
- When seeking personal information, the Deep Creek Privacy Statement must appear in the form of a collection notice on the relevant documents. This same privacy statement must also appear on the church website.
- The types of information we collect include:
- Name, Phone Numbers, Addresses, Email Addresses, Family Connections
- Details about an individual’s church involvement.
- Medical and Emergency details for events and catering.
- Communications to and from the church
- Records of discussions (e.g. counselling sessions or prayer ministry). We will always tell the individual when we keep a record.
- Records of visits and pastoral matters.