In 1906 a group of orchardists felt the need for a local church. They gathered a meeting together on the 24th September, 1906 along with the vicar of Holy Trinity Doncaster, Rev. A.R. Raymond. Land was donated by a parishioner, H Pump and local contractor, J Speers completed work on 4th November, 1906 for a total cost of £100. To build the same today it would have cost over $100,000 and it opened free of debt thanks to the generosity of local churches, the diocese and parishioners! The first service was held on 11th November, 1906. The Church was originally known as the Church of the Pioneers and had an average attendance of 40 people. The landscape of the land was one of orchards and gardens. A church hall was added in 1955 with the parish still part of the Doncaster Parish.
In April 1980 the church hall was moved to the new site at Blackburn Road, Doncaster East. The new site was then dedicated on 10th August, 1980. On 15th September, 1981 St Philips Deep Creek was declared a separate parish with Rev. Tom Stokes as the first vicar, followed by Rev. Tim Pinniger.
In February 2002 under the leadership of Rev. Drew Mellor, a new ministry centre was opened with additional seating capacity to reach a growing suburb. Now many years on and under the leadership of Rev. Rod McArdle the church continues to grow and faithfully serve Jesus and His mission here in Doncaster East.
Below is a video made for the churches centenary that covers some of our history: